PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BRISTOL - 4
Thread: BRISTOL - 4
View Single Post
Old 3rd Feb 2009, 19:29
MerchantVenturer

Brunel to Concorde

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SK routes to OSL and ARN

The Oslo and Stockholm routes to do not appear in the SK summer 09 timetable, nor the BRS web list of destinations. Perhaps not surprising given the recent news about SK.

Beleaguered Scandinavian carrier SAS which slumped into the red for 2008 said Tuesday it would step up restructuring, lay off thousands and cut 40 per cent of its routes....................

'Horrifying' year for SAS ends with
losses, layoffs - Yahoo! News

For the record the 8-week Stockholm season carried 3024 passengers on its 2 x weekly service compared with 2816 in 2007. The only full calendar month was July when average load was around 95 on the B 737 (I believe the series varied).

The Oslo route ran from April to October at 3 x weekly and carried a total of 14317 passengers. The best month was July with average loads of 111 on the B 737 (again I believe the series varied and possibly a MD 80 series might also have been used occasionally). The other months were in the 70 to 90 average load bracket.

I suspect these routes would have needed to have brought in sensational yields for SK to have continued them this coming summer given the airline's major problems.

CO to EWR

I have noticed that the Sunday outbound (and Sat/Sun overnight inbound) did not operate for the last three weeks of January, and last week the Saturday outbound (Fri/Sat overnight inbound) didn't operate either, giving only three rotations last week.

This week the full 5 x weekly winter schedule seems to have been restored.