PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATPL exams: too soon?
View Single Post
Old 3rd Feb 2009, 18:39
Whirlygig

Hovering AND talking

Location: Propping up bars in the Lands of D H Lawrence and Bishop Bonner
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That sound like Oxford's own rule. I enrolled on a DL course then due to circumstances, didn't actually start studying until nearly two years later. I explained the situation to the school and they agreed to honour the course fee I had paid prior with no extra to pay. I then started the studying, brush-up courses etc and finished a further year later.

I am not aware of any JAA rule which states you must complete the groundschool in I8 months so if this IS the case, please quote the relevant section from JAR-FCL.

Rishy, if it may take some time to build your hours to 50, get some second hand manuals and start now if you want. You will, of course, get another set of manuals when you enrol on a course. There was a website (but I've lost the link) that published the Jeppeson/Atlantic Flight Training manuals in .pdf format for online, free viewing.

Cheers

Whirls

Edit - look what I found

Index of /materialy/testy

OK, the site is Polish and this is the root directory but you can download some manuals and the Volare Italian Question Bank.

Last edited by Whirlygig; 3rd Feb 2009 at 23:22. Reason: The one button doesn't work on me lappy