PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Licence Fraud
Thread: Licence Fraud
View Single Post
Old 3rd Feb 2009, 14:04
hughesyd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LH2, think i have to agree with you on pretty much everything you said. I have actually flown a lot of hours with the school in question when hour building. Generally they have a good set up but i have called into question similar instances of lack of profesionalism.

I think it would be difficult to prove i was offered such a course in the first place as its a case of their word against mine, or a defense of misenterpretation would probobly be raised.

When i first started out in this awful business of flight training!!, like everone else i was overwhelmed with conflicting advise and where to go and how to do it. I decided on this FTO who were offering a "jet first officers course", which you could join if you had a ppl and 150 hours. They claimed to do a ATPL course in english. I did my homework, visited the place and was suitably impressed, so booked on the course.After several calls to confirm start date, i was repeatedly told not to worry and the course would start on the date advised. 2 Months later i packed in everything in the UK, signed a 12 month lease on a apartment and moved to Spain with my Fiance. The start date for the course arrived and passed, being told next week, next week. 4 weeks after the start date was supposed to be, i lost my patience and they finally admitted that there was no such course available in english as previously stated!!. The course as far as im aware is still advertised to this day.

After several rantings as you can imagine, they managed to get me into a neighbouring flight schools ATPL course which actually is one of the best flight schools in Spain, so i did manage to get them done in the end, but boy what a mess!!. I was put in a class of intergrated students, whos classes were every night for 4 hours but spread over a period of a year, not the 6 months as advertised initially. Got them done in the end but you can imagine what a pain this has been.

Why go for the CPL then you idiot?? i hear you shout!!. Good question of which i ask myself what was i thinking at the time. Probobly because after that mess they did bend over backwards to try and redeem themselves and i got some decent hour building out of them. It did cross my mind that this course i was offered was part of the process of keeping my custom!!. You also have to remember that flight training can be a minefield and Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

You get what you pay for in this game!!!!!

As for Giving away the name , its probobly more trouble than its worth at this stage, possibly attracting threads for people who have trained there and feel that i am aiming to "devalue" their acheivments!!.

If you can be bothered, im sure you can work it out from previous threads!!

As i have said before, you cant tar every FTO with the same Brush, and certainly a nation.