PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet 5/4/5/4
Thread: easyJet 5/4/5/4
View Single Post
Old 3rd Feb 2009, 11:26
Speevy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sorry for the OT,
but I just want to put some light on wonderfull MXP..

the average take home for a captain is 7500€ (after italian taxes) and for an FO 4800€. Sometime you can go up and down between 3-400 €.

It's after tax and this figures works for italian residents, if somebody is trying to be smart and believe that telling the italian to be resident in some place and then does the same thing for the country of origin, then I KNOW for sure that soon (next tax declaration in Italy) they will have a nice surprise!

The above figures looks very good because some of our pay is tax free, but not for long and if you look into the italian tax system will see that income taxes and social taxes are the second highest in Europe after Belgium.

Then if you take the exchange rate that was used when the contract was developed (1.45€ per £) we were not far off the UK ones..
And don't forget that in Italy there various airlines that are actually paying more than what we take..

NSF if you look at gross salary and take into account the exchange rate of 18 months ago you will see that easy is not giving us more than when we were on the UK contract (actually the fixed part is way less, about 7%) so I really don't think easy will change it, on top of that in Italy I am told regulations forbid to lower salaries if not during troubled times (2 consecutive loss and very little cash in the banks)..

What makes it very interesting now is the fall of the mighty pound, but again if you live in europe you are spending euros so is it really that good?

Speevy

Last edited by Speevy; 3rd Feb 2009 at 11:47.