PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AOA funding of UK retirement age appeal
View Single Post
Old 3rd Feb 2009, 09:13
CYRILJGROOVE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Raven...stick With It

I understand your frustration my friend but there is plenty of fight in this old dog and I refuse to quit the union, and never will. I will not let the industrial bullies commit to jettisoning one segment of the union just because they perceive they have the numbers to have a mutiny and pick on the numerical minority based upon the false pretext of democracy.

Your correct Raven 15 pages of debate and they still believe BPP should be paid if everyone has a unified retirement age. Any commonsense compromise is dismissed out of hand or they are so blinded they do not read it..

To want to go to war over 15-30K GBP when it is affordable and of little consequence versus the strong possibility of ending up with zip for BPP, splitting the union is the tactic of fools. Never mind RP07 expires at the end of this year just 10 months away and that is an issue that requires time and effort of the GC with a unified membership, but generation Y cannot see it. They want to be paid for a job they are not prepared to do.

Stick with it raven, stay in the AOA and help me make these naive people understand COS 94, COS 99 and RP01 were not negotiated, they were slipped in our mailboxes....no COS has been negotiated in around 20+ years. COS 09 has the potential to leave a very bitter pill in everyone's mouth if implemented without negotiation.

Last edited by CYRILJGROOVE; 3rd Feb 2009 at 10:08.