PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tips from a recent ferry flight.
View Single Post
Old 3rd Feb 2009, 07:49
FerrypilotDK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Great trip. "Almost" makes me miss ferrying. In fact, I actually do miss it at times, even without your help. There were many times that I said "WHY am I doing this?" But the new places, the adventures and the people all add up to good memories and good tales. The worse things are the stuff of the good tales, heh? I am glad that someone else appreciated the aerial geography of Saudi. In the high-flying aircraft, it is such a blur, but down low.....

Calcutta......sigh.....there I have actually self-handled twice(!) Only people who have been there, know what that means! With regard to hotels, I have tried to save on Indian hotels and do not recommend it. I discovered that if you order from the hotel window in the terminal," wearing your uniform shirt," you will get great rates at the best hotels. . . excellent service, in fact, excellent food, airport transfers etc. Trying to save, I ended up at a dump, with a mouldy mattress, no breakfast, **** service and poor restaurant.....the second time, I got Legionaireīs disease, that plagued me for months, baffled the doctors and could have killed me. (Hope you didnīt stay at the Airport Hotel in Calcutta. If you did and you start getting coughing and fever, PM me....your doctor will never figure it out. I know of a Danish engineer that got the same, same place...should be condemned!)

Another person that bends over backwards, all hours of the day and night (and who would have sent you to "the old airport" in KL), is [email protected], based in Denmark. He has been sending the Globe Aero pilots, as well as a lot of free-lancers all over the world for years and is a great resource.

I agree with the people that think you wrote a great forum topic and glad I chose to open Prrune today! Brings all the memories and good times flooding back. It has been a year since the last trip.......hmmmmm....I have 14 days coming up......LoL!