PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SA CAA & the Foreign Licence Validation scheme
Old 3rd Feb 2009, 04:50
Der absolute Hammer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You can visit the SA CAA website and read or Part 61. Pilot Licensing. Subpart 61.01.14. is with Recognition, validation and ocnversion of foreign pilt licences and ratings.
Part 61 is the mantra with the SA CAA. That is fine but it is not always the same as what happened before so confusions do happen.
I think that ds is correct bot I would not wish to make a gamble on my personal interpretation of Part 61. If you really want an answer you should pull down form the CAA website, one or two names of the senior men in Flight Ops and send them an e mail. If you end up at the front desk you are likely to get one different answer for everyone you speak with. This is quite acceptable - they people cannot be expected to have a deep knowledge of 200 pages of licensing writings.

I read youyr post again.......

I do not think that if you have not already flown an aircraft and had it signed out that you will be able to do that on a validation because then you are really adding a type rating to a validation and you cannot do that. The power of your Canadian licence is useless here except within the boundary of a validation.

Last edited by Der absolute Hammer; 3rd Feb 2009 at 05:26.