PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BAA...Beyond A Joke
View Single Post
Old 3rd Feb 2009, 01:32
coopervane
Oops pardon me

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BAA

I made a point of the BAA as they always fall short of delivering the goods. I have never met such a bunch of jobsworths in all my time in aviation.

Was amazed how clean they came out of the T5 fiasco. BA took it on the chin but it was their (BAA) contract and their responsibility to ensure it was fit for purpose. As was the security issues and baggage handling machinery.

In short, the BAA more than any other UK operator should, considering the monoply and shear profits they make deliver the goods and quite frankly they fall far short.

A comment earlier about the health and safely issues of using jet engine de ice equipment on runways. Like anything else, with training it can be a safe and effective way of clearing a surface. Ask the RAF.

Excuses galore about why the airport closed will no doubt be made public but working at the place only underlines how little the BAA do when it comes to doing the things that really matter. One incident just the other week comes to mind. 747 comes onto a busing stand. 300 plus come down the steps and slip and slide to the bus on untreated concrete. Whats that all about?

T5 is all nice and sparkly but T3 is a disgrace. Money spent on tarting up the front of it when inside, toilets overflow, airbridges leak when it rains and the state of the arrival areas makes me embarrassed when people see their first view on Britain as they get off the plane.

I hope the Airlines take them to the cleaners, i Really do.

Coop and Bear