PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATPL exams: too soon?
View Single Post
Old 3rd Feb 2009, 00:08
EGCC4284

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
chrisbl

I am not sure and no expert, but I think the 18 month time limit to complete all 14 exams starts when you sit the first exam, not when you sign up to the school doing the course.

I think you have 4 attempts at each exam or a total of 6 sittings before you have to retake all, even those that you have allready passed.

So I think Bristol do 8 subjects in module 1 then when you sit those 8 exams, that counts as one sitting.

Mod 2 at Bristol is the remaining 6 subjects and when you sit those 6 exams, that count as a second sitiing. So you must not exceed 4 attempt at a subject or a max of 6 sitting or you will have to sit all exams again.

Alex, can you clarify on this please.

You then need 150 hours total to start your CPL training (49 hpurs of that can be your PPL training) and dont forget 300nm cross country I think. You must also of done so many hours solo cross country to get CPL licence issued, so find that out and make sure you mark in your log book which flight were cross country trips. I just marked all those that were longer than 80 minutes.

Welcome to Bristol.gs

Bristol.gs

ATP Forum - Powered by vBulletin

I have happy memories of my time at Bristol.

Good luck all and dont give up