PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How does it pay to be a B2 Engineer in Europe?
Old 2nd Feb 2009, 22:39
Rotiv

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How does it pay to be a B2 Engineer in Europe?

Hello, iam almost finishing my Part 66 B2 course in TAP - MTO. After i finished the course i will probably end up signing a contract with TAP, thats not a bad thing considering the lack of good stable jobs nowadays because of the ''global crysis''... But in Portugal we always had economical problems, we have one of the lowest minimum wage in the european union and on top of that we have to pay alot of taxes, long story short, yes its a sunny lovely country but poor people...
Well it seems my future job also has a very bad sallary when you compare it to other countrys in europe and thats what i really want to know. I am tired of hearing storys about how low our salary is compared for example to our neighbour country spain, and how someone knows a guy that is doing great in some other european or even middle eastern country.
Well can you guys tell me about your situation, does this job pays bad every where or maybe only in my coutry? how hard its for me getting a job outside my country with my quallifications? How does 11280€ sound for the first year of pay?