PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Administrator dismisses Hazelton's potential buyers
Old 18th Apr 2002, 12:16
Flat Chat

I know that the Kendell load factors are considerably higher than 30% and if wasn't for a couple of 'highly' competitive routes, Kendell would be travelling quite well.

If Hazelton are achieving 60% load factors, not sure why they've lost considerably more $$ than Kendell under administration.

I think KD are doing well to survive, given that they were more closely aligned to Ansett in many areas. The props used to run around 20% on-carriage on to Ansett and this disappeared overnight. They are still flying around with the tarnished Ansett tail, expecting customers to book via the Ansett call centre due to not having their own reservations centre and they also have to direct customers via the Ansett Web-site due lack of booking engine on the KD site. I am sure that there are plenty of punters out there that think that the Ansett Call Centre and Ansett Website finished weeks ago, despite the best attempts to advertise.

On top of all this the Ansett Merlin is about to get switched and all the staff on the ground level madly trying to manage the transition, working long hours, getting no weekends (or any annual leave) and they are doing this with no clear direction about the airlines future.

Problem is that the issues cannot be fixed until the business finds a new owner, coz Andersens don't know how to run an airline and I think they have enough problems of their own!!

Flat Chat..