PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Worth Doing an Instructor Rating during Credit Crunch???
Old 2nd Feb 2009, 14:23
Wee Weasley Welshman

Received 194 Likes on 71 Posts
You've seen the rioting in Paris & Athens I take it? The unemployment rate climbing to 14.4% in Spain this month, the secondary picketing of UK refineries which is spreading as we speak to power generating plants? The sharp rise in knife crime and the growing unrest for British jobs for British workers?

People said I was doom mongering in Sept 2007 when I was warning of a proper recession coming. You say I am doom mongering because I have been warning about civil unrest. It will happen because it always does happen when you have a deep recession and rising unemployment. I just hope we don't end up back in the situation seen in Liverpool, Birmingham and London where the rioting got so bad policemen had their heads hacked off in the street.

This is not ancient history you know - it was 1985.

Murder of Keith Blakelock - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

ps I think £6.5k on an FIC plus the time it takes is a heavy investment at a time of lowering pay and position in the world of basic flying instruction. First FI jobs are all about PPL's. I would strongly believe that in a time of recession there will be a falling number of people interested in obtaining a PPL. So I wouldn't do it.