PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What would a budget airline pilot say to this?
Old 2nd Feb 2009, 13:35
WishesToFly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What would a budget airline pilot say to this?

I often travel to mallorca via EasyJet and Ryanair and i love having a sneaky peek at the cockpit of the 737 or the Airbus, once when i arrived at Palme De Mallorca, and i was at the front of the aircraft waiting for the passenger door to open, the 2 female pilots had the cockpit door open, and i looked in and the 2 female pilots were really nice to me and let me have a look and ask a few questions, they seemed really nice and genuine and i thanked them for the easy and smooth flight!

I know that because of the terrorism etc that cockpit visits (mainly while airborn) are prohibited, but would the pilots object to me having a quick look in the cockpits either after or before the flight?

Im not just an adult that dreams of flying, i actually want to do this as a career and often finds that the airhosts/hostesses (especially ryanair) object to asking the pilots if i can have a look at the cockpit / ask a few questions to the pilots etc even when not in the air and at the ramp!

So am i wasting my time? or are there pilots that dont mind us asking a few questions having a look at the cockpit etc!

It would be nice just to thank the pilots sometimes for their excellent work!