PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eagle Aircraft
Thread: Eagle Aircraft
View Single Post
Old 18th Apr 2002, 09:52
No Cigar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Eagle Aircraft

Lack of stall action???

Not this aircraft! A friend of mine was killed in an Eagle 150 a couple of years ago because he stalled on base. He had about 800 hrs and had done about 50 in the Eagle 150.

Read this, it's the ATSB report
http://www.atsb.gov.au/aviation/occu...ail.cfm?ID=119

Never flown it myself but as far as I've heard, it doesn't stall easily, but when it does it does into a very deep stall. He had a wing drop it seems and recovered before it dropped and spun the opposite direction before going in to the ground. A tragic day for all who knew him, we miss him greatly.

I agree about the new C172Rs. They are good as initial trainers and with quite comfortable handling characteristics. They also have a ridiculously low stall speed 33kts (flap) 44kts (clean) which means you can fly it all the way to the ground with full & positive elevator control through the low speed range (does not get sloppy when slow). Haven't flown it for a couple of years, but have good memories.

Good luck in your search for a good training aircraft, just be careful if you choose the Eagle, it is not as docile as you think.

Last edited by No Cigar; 18th Apr 2002 at 09:57.