PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Senario - do we need an alternate?
View Single Post
Old 2nd Feb 2009, 04:44
Gundog01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
glekichi

Just to make sure i know where you stand, if you got a forecast airborne that brought on an operatonal requirement, INTER, TEMPO or below Alt min, you would not carry the extra fuel that this new forecast requires because you are airborne not 'pre-flight planning'.

but why is it those that share your opinion that are making all the childish comments and insults about the professionalism of those that don't agree
I would assume that it is because we are concerned that people may do what i mentioned above. And i would be very concerned that tehre may be professional pilots flying me or my family or anyone around under false assumptions about the rules.

What is wrong with a pilot using his judgement based on ALL information at hand, which includes the METAR, and a first hand assessment of the risk associated with the TAF?
There is nothing wrong with using your judegment until something goes wrong and the lawyers grill you because you (the PIC) didn't follow the law. Do you think airborne with the pressure to get the job done is the best time to be doing a risk assessment on a TAF? Who actually questions what a TAF says anyway?

I think the thread knows where i stand and as such this will be my last post. But i will be watching.

Gundog01 out.