PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar Advertising Budget
View Single Post
Old 2nd Feb 2009, 01:48
ebt

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts
JJ - my last checkup yielded no problems, but thanks for your concern. Always nice to know that someone's looking out for me.

I did not mention the international services as it's probably a given that they would still exist in any circumstance anyway. My comments were about the domestic side of the operation which is probably the most strategically important market for QF. International is a different market with more competition (to which QF has been gradually losing its market share), so that's for another discussion.

Scary fairytale or not, a lot of people in QF Group Strategy got nightmares about the situation in the early 2000s once they saw DJ getting some traction. There were a couple of tricks, such as messing with catering and all Y QF flights, but it wasn't till JQ that they could really take on DJ with a pincer. Strategically, they got a bit of a victory with DJ adjusting its own strategy.

Just for clarity, I am in no way anti Qantas or hold no grudges to anyone here. It just seems that there needs to be some other perspectives put in there.