PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - L@ser attacks on Aircraft
View Single Post
Old 1st Feb 2009, 19:45
Busbar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have been the 'victim' of these l@ser beams being pointed at my aircraft. For the previous two summers in a row, flying the approach into the greek island of Zakinthos at night some moron has shone a green l@ser beam right into the flight deck of the aircraft.

I reported it to ATC on every occasion and they mumbled that they would pass it to the authorities. When I spoke to the english dispatcher down there he said it was a re-occuring problem and reports were being filed every week!!! He said it was normally from a local night club where boozed up brits think it's a funny game to shine these l@sers at aircraft on the approach!

When I asked him why the police had not clamped down on this, particularly as they had a good idea of the source of the problem, he said they found it difficult to pin point the exact culprit and catching them at the right time, during the act so to speak!

Why is this place not closed down or people searched before entry? It might be a bit extreme but people's lives are at stake here. In my opinion they need to take a much harder line on this.

What moron's, hope they fall off a cliff whilst pi**ed up!