PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Heathrow Plans (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 1st Feb 2009, 19:18
skyman771

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
6chimes
I'm glad the protesters weren't around when Isambard Kingdom Brunel was alive. Just think of it. Why on earth do we need all these train lines tearing up the countryside when the good old horse and cart is available. Anyone who wants to get from Manchester to London in under three days is just being selfish, but what would you expect from these greedy businessmen? And bridges who the hell needs a bridge? A good 6 hour detour won't harm anyone Think about it, this country's success was built on this country expanding by those with the foresight to build for it.
No, No ! as ever you have it completely wrong ! IF you are going to use some ridiculous analogy then at least get it right ! What you actually need to say to get the analogy correct is that, in having all these train lines tearing up the country side, then who needs to build another set of lines to the same destinations believing that in another 50 years the traffic on the two separate lines would support the extra investment. But then you attempt to deliver the message that suits your purpose
I can live somewhere else yet I might not get another job that pays as well as the one I have at LHR.
At least your motive albeit somewhat selfish is clear !