PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hijacked MAS flight MH 653 on 4th December 1977
Old 1st Feb 2009, 18:48
CAPTAIN WOOBLAH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

Sunnyboy,

It was a long time ago but if memory serves me correctly there were two separate incidents separated by approximately one year involving the same minister and his bodyguard. In the first incident Babu stood his ground and the flight was delayed approx one hour and the weapon was finally placed in the locker.

Referring to the second fateful incident it was indeed the same passengers inflicting the same problem. And if memory serves me correctly again it was not his Birthday but rather his wedding anniversary hence his reluctance to delay the flight. Further to this I believe that the first incident approx a year earlier was quite ugly and did cause some repercussions to the staff members involved. who, I must add did the right thing. As you are aware these minister cronie types can and do throw their weight around usually involving some buddy in a position of power within the airline looking for favours such as his worthless datukship.

Wooblah.