PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Romania Jaa frozen ATP exams
View Single Post
Old 1st Feb 2009, 16:43
2close

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ytsouk,

Where are you doing your MEP, CPL and IR.....in Greece? Which FTO? You have to do the ATPL studies through an Approved School. I presume you are studying through distance learning so which Approved School are you using for your progress tests? Don't they have a Question Bank database of their own?

If you are studying for Greek issued licences, will the HCAA (YPA) accept ATPL examinations from Romania.

I know they accept them from the UK but you'd do best to check first - save a lot of heartache later - and get it in writing. YPA officials are well known for changing their mind and if you haven't got anything in writing you would be in pooh!!

The other thing to check is the testing protocols in Romania - Greece uses computerised testing once a month in Athens but your FTO has to sign off that you have completed ALL studies before you can take ANY of the exams (officially at least!). How are things done in Romania?

The danger with studying in one country then going to another country for the exams is that Approved Schools would normally tailor their QB database to the examinations in that country. There is a central JAA QB database and each JAA member state contributes to that database but each country tends to favour its own questions for examinations held in that country.

As for airman13, I think he's been on the bottle early today Lucky bloke!!

Hope this helps

2close