PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rugby World Cup
Thread: Rugby World Cup
View Single Post
Old 18th Apr 2002, 05:22
P.Hendo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Super G - well written!

I must say from a bloke who lives to play the game, Pprune has finally had a thread and responses where thought and logic have come into it - and it hasn't too much to do with aviation (shock horror!). Although I may be slightly biassed with this one........

The ARU offerd NZRU $10 million ($Aus = a s##t load more $NZ) to co-host, they then couldn't / wouldn't live up to the WCFU obligations regarding sponsor free stadia, they complained the world cup would interfear with their provincial cup (unlike the Olympics to our Sydney comp not so long ago!), then ousted / veetoed Australia from having a 4th Super 12 team, then basically accused the chairman of the WCFU of being corrupt, then blamed the ARU for their own mismanagement, now want to be friends and come the party. TOO LATE SUNSHINE (I hope)!

If you can't run an airline and look after its employees, how can they hope to stage a world event, and be trusted? (Sorry - too easy to have a dig!)

NZ arrogantly think that rugby is theirs and their alone. A certain Lord Bledisloe, "Bill" Ellis, Tri-Nations trophy and Super Twelve Cup tell otherwise!!! Having said that, look out for the French!

All Black rugby is an extremely proud name in rugby world wide, being slowly dragged through the mud by incompetant officials.

Anyone see the "Living With The Lions" on Fox? Bloody fantastic in the end!!