PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Heathrow Plans (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 1st Feb 2009, 15:47
6chimes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm glad the protesters weren't around when Isambard Kingdom Brunel was alive. Just think of it. Why on earth do we need all these train lines tearing up the countryside when the good old horse and cart is available. Anyone who wants to get from Manchester to London in under three days is just being selfish, but what would you expect from these greedy businessmen? And bridges who the hell needs a bridge? A good 6 hour detour won't harm anyone Think about it, this country's success was built on this country expanding by those with the foresight to build for it.

LHR does need a third runway, the green case is ridiculous because other countries will pick up the slack therefore the emissions will be elsewhere but they will still affect the UK and the rest of the world. At least there are stringent targets surrounding this proposal that other countries desperate for the business will not bother about.

Yes there will be utter turmoil for those whose homes will be affected and so will there be anywhere else in Europe that expands airports. And I will be one who is affected but I consider my prosperity more than the house I live in. I can live somewhere else yet I might not get another job that pays as well as the one I have at LHR.

If you want to be successful you have to be where the heart of the business is, so we need to keep London a center of business for the benefit of the UK as a whole.