PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rugby World Cup
Thread: Rugby World Cup
View Single Post
Old 18th Apr 2002, 04:40
Super G

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool

Australia both deserves and should now expect to host the World Cup alone. The Kiwis had their chance to co-host and blew it by not complying with the requirement for 'clean' stadia. They thought they could bluff the IRB and the RWC out of making them comply and the fact is, the regulatory bodies caught the NZRFU out. The Aussies even offered to give the NZRFU cash to help co-host as there would be a short fall on that side of the Tasman. The Kiwis have proved unreliable and unco-operative in their dealings and now do not deserve to host such a prestigious event.

If you were to liken the NZRFU to a job applicant, would you as an employer give them a job given the way they have acted? The ARFU have always acted in good faith and complied with the IRB rules for hosting the event and that's why the Aussies should host alone and reap the benefits alone.

I, for one will be at as many games as possible at the RWC and even if the Kiwis do get to co-host I won't be going across the Tasman. One, to protest what Air NZ did to Ansett and two, simply because the NZRFU don't deserve our support. I honestly think a great and proud team like the All Blacks would be better off without that bunch of misfits. If the Kiwis don't get to co-host then the All Blacks and all Kiwi rugby supporters should lynch the NZRFU for their incompetence.