PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dalmac
Thread: Dalmac
View Single Post
Old 1st Feb 2009, 13:19
Macker-1ie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hi.

I worked for fr for a year. and was recruited by dalmac. i went to an open day in rush and it was alot of stuff about the company, how many pax they carry a year, their future plans etc...!

theres a small interview at the end of it (well to be honest its not really an interview) i was asked if i could swim, if i could speak english (which i taut was pretty stupid seen as i was irish) and when i was available to start. when i said straight away she turned around and offered me the position straight away.

the day itself was pretty interesting, met loads of different and turns out everyone at the open day was also OFFERED a position like me (which made me think about the position alot more) there is a fee for your training however when i joined the fee was waived for 3 training groups something got to do with extra funding been allocated. i wasnt going to argue. apparently training is around 2500 which you can pay back every month through your wages.

the training is 6 weeks long, and very intense. there also very strict on grooming so be careful.

look to be honest with you fr is a very exhausting company, not very good pay and long days. HOWEVER.... i really enjoyed my time there the crew are all young, mostly all new so you will be in the same boat.!

the company gave me my experience, and now im working for a 'PROPER' airline.

hope this helps.
D