PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Favourite and least favourite airports to land at.
Old 1st Feb 2009, 11:17
RAT 5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'Favourite to land at' could be the one where you have to use your skills and thus feel a satisfaction afterwards. Not too much skill that you feel threatened, but regs should not put you in such a spot. I don't count the post landing night stop party as included because I'm sure the questioner is thinking more along the piloting lines. As a result of this crteria I'd list:
Corfu, 17 after circle; Nice 23 after circle at night; Samos, Calvi 36 circle inside the mountain bowl; Innsbruk visual down the valley; Carcassonne 10 circle; Funcal; the list could go on because these are all lovely areas as well, and there are many islands around the world which offer wonderful enjoyable challenges.
As for un-favourite; all of the above with their frequent thuderstorms, cloud & rain at night; JFK for being such a mess on the ground(1995/6); many Scandanavian fields in winter snow storms (don't like slippery conditions); many African airfields becasue you're never quite sure if everyone knows what they are doing, or that all the equipment is going to work, and there is a very laise faire attitude which doesn't jive with the european discipline.