PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Completing my CPL after 2yr break
View Single Post
Old 1st Feb 2009, 04:20
drpixie

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Propelled - sounds like you'll be busy. Exams expire after 3 years from the first attempt, until you pass them all - the details are on the CASA web site, though takes quite a bit of hunting around to find what you want, and some is in AIP SUPs etc. The internet is your friend.

You might have more trouble with the 150 hrs. A 150 hr CPL only applies to certain approved schools. If yours was, you should/might/??? be able to transfer to another 150 hr school. Otherwise, it's a 200 hrs CPL for you.

Get the last subject out of the way, then you've got the theory done and the rest can take as long as it takes. Performance won't have changed much. I recommend the Bob Tait books, worked for me, but get the current edition.

Changes - there's been a few, largely around legal, radio and airfield procedures. Your school should be keeping an eye on you for this stuff, but get up to standard: read everything lots are carefully (especially the stuff you already know because that will be where the changes are), and make sure all your doco is current, and you know the stuff.

If you can afford it, use the 200 hrs to get some ratings (NVFR, ME, CIR) and some cross-country experience - a bare CPL isn't that much use. Good luck.