PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Have i stuffed up my dream..?
View Single Post
Old 1st Feb 2009, 03:22
Naverone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am asking for a purely legal stand point in regard to Australian licensing. Sorry i should of been more clear. Hope someone here can tell me if a criminal record is an instant disqualification like it is with Australian security guard licenses. What would be the point in spending 3 years in university and getting $100K in debt, if i can never fly

And while i am fully responsible for my actions, i was intoxicated enough to hardly be thinking more then a few seconds ahead. And to ensure this NEVER happens again, i have given up drinking. And not in a silly way where the next time your offered beer you accept it either. I didnt drink on australia day, i didnt drink on my mates birthday, and my house mates always offering me a drink and i havent had one so its safe to say this is something im sticking too.

As i said i dont feel comfortable talking about it, but its nothing that says i would do anything dangerous or irresponsible with a plane. Also up intill now i have had a perfect record if it makes a difference.