PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Completing my CPL after 2yr break
View Single Post
Old 1st Feb 2009, 02:22
propelled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Completing my CPL after 2yr break

Hi folks,

Just after a bit of info as I prepare to complete my CPL soon..

*I last flew almost 2yrs ago with approx 120hrs in the book (single eng/csu/retract).
*Only 1 exam to go - performance. All other exams were done 2.5yrs ago- Do they expire after 3yrs??

I'm wanting to find a flying school (bk/cn) in which I can complete my cpl around the 150-160hr mark..

I feel confident enough to complete it in these flying hours as most of the revision I feel will be needed will be on the ground theory..

I started flying at a school @bk which I do not want to return to, then went to McIvers which I was very happy with, but recently found out they are not operating at present...

Firstly, Can anyone reccomend a flying school in sydney where I can achieve this and not be taken for a ride by doing more training then what I potentially need? Whitworth & schofields are in mind for BK, any more? and at CN??

Secondly, has much changed with the rules & regs from 2yrs ago? radio calls, reporting, etc?

Look forward to any info or suggetions for me as I'm hoping to get back in the air soon..

Cheers