PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why Air Traffic Controllers are exploited by ASA
Old 1st Feb 2009, 01:23
peuce

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Dick, Australia is a democratic country ( last time I looked).

Every four years we elect a Government. About half of us are happy with the results and about half of us aren''t.

However, we all agree to get on with it, deal with the situation and operate under the new Government's laws.

Imagine if Malcolm Turnbull stood up and said ... "You've all made a big mistake voting Kevin07 in (and possibly we did), so I think you should ignore the new Government and abide by my set of laws. Even the most rabid Liberal supporter would tell him to pull his head in.

I know it's a pretty long bow to draw in this situation, however, we (the Industry) rightly or wrongly, have decided on a system of airspace management. I personally have problems with a lot of it, and it certainly gets tweeked along the way, as Kevin's does, but if you think we should totally change the system because a very few vocal oponents say we should .... you're dreaming!

You want to make drastic changes ... run for Parliament or get yourself into CASA.

You have detailed your concerns. We, in turn, have listened to them and considered their value. We have decided, rightly or wrongly, that we don't agree. It's time to move on. The tribe has spoken.