PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Worth Doing an Instructor Rating during Credit Crunch???
Old 1st Feb 2009, 00:37
Mile High Nutcase

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Once again appreciate all your thoughts

I have to disagree with '' there are no jobs out there for Instructors''.

A friend of mine has just finished her FI rating and got a job instructing so there are jobs out there. The busy season is not so far away hence flight schools are going to be busier and will probably require more instructors.

I agree the pay is crap that's why I'd rather work part time to start with. Its not ideal but sometimes you have suffer little evil, for the greater good.

Not doing anything during these times will not do people like me any favours. It could take ages, as you say yourself, for things to get better and when it does we'll all still be in the same boat as we are now.

Imagine this for a second - If in five years time you are a recruitment manager for a major airline and are looking to recruit FO's, how would i appeal to you if i spent all this time working in my current security job (just to pay bills) and still have the same 250 hours TT or would I be more appealing as a Flight Instructor with 2000 hours (who has at least made a bit of an effort)

Reluctant737 - where is this place where flying is a necessity? am i missing something

I've got about a month to make a decision whether to start the FI course so all thought's are appreciated. At the moment i'm leaning more towards ''FI Rating is the wisest move to make''

regards
MHN