PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 31st Jan 2009, 23:10
walter kennedy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Perth is very good – not boring at all – it is not the state of things in Perth that has kept me going on this theme – it is the state of the UK. Perhaps you have to spend significant periods away to notice the changes when you return.
If you did not know better you could be excused for thinking London (well, any major town/city) was abandoned by the English.
You really are heading for being just another ethnic minority that happens to reside in that area – a particularly disempowered and disenfranchised one at that.
No wonder you won't give a thought to the possibility of a province being dragged down by a dirty trick – Ulster was an island of British culture that was fighting for its existence and this crash dealt it a mortal blow - you have let the mainland go without a word of protest, without even discussing the state of things over the years.
Many times I have said that you do not have to subscribe to the whole “conspiracy” theory but, in exploring this line, I believe that several parameters have been identified which have not been satisfactorily answered yet which could have advanced the understanding of this crash – they have not been answered after several years.
Strangely enough, the one possibility for which there seems evidence enough to refute convincingly, a control jam, has occupied vast amounts of time and effort by so many.
Perhaps it was just a CFIT;
Perhaps there was an extra activity that went wrong innocently but was too embarrassing to be exposed;
But after all this time the possibility still exists for them to have been relying upon equipment not acknowledged or upon a third party when approaching a known landing spot.
My recent reference to the Sunderland was to point out the similarities, which were:
no fault found with a/c;
illogical (for stated flight intentions) course deviation;
course deviation was towards known landing place but this was not acknowledged;
no satisfactory record of flight planning;
running into low hills that they must have been aware of;
pilots blamed for amateurish nav error when crew skill levels high.
And the further reference to the Liberator was to open your minds to the coincidence of unsatifactorily explained crashes occurring when politically inconvenient passengers were on board.
Had the opportunity for some wilful act become apparent, I would have hoped that it would have woken you up to reality – but perhaps that would not be the case – perhaps it is far too late.
So enough is enough – stick your heads in the sand, rear in the air, and think of England.