PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FUEL AGENTS - Best & Worst
View Single Post
Old 17th Apr 2002, 23:54
alkell

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
refueller view

As a refueller in Tassie I must say refuellers have to put up with a lot of rubbish from certain customers, some examples follow :
Kendell would carry round fuel from Melbourne, but wanted refuellers to come in after hours to refuel when they had training flights on.
Freight companies show up and expect refueller to run out in the middle of the night to refuel 120 litres on a metro, or ring you 3 or 4 times just to wake you up and say they should be there at 0130 and show up at 0330.
Worse still they ring you at 4 am to see if you are at the airport to save them using the avgas bowser (lazy sods), and wake you and your wife up.
Or someone from their company rings up and requests fuel and then when you get there, guess what? The pilots dont want any fuel and never requested it.
Refuellers here dont get paid to be on call all night and with taxes, travelling and inconveniance, callout fees arent that bad.
I better stop whinging, sorry about that, but geez it felt good.

Classic line from a pilot "I wish I could charge call out fee's", my response, "So you work for free then?"

B.T.W. A.A.E. are the most disorganized company going around!

Most pilots are great guys but some real shockers too, suppose it's like that in all jobs.