PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SHAR Wars; The PPruners Strike Back...
View Single Post
Old 17th Apr 2002, 23:10
WE Branch Fanatic

Received 59 Likes on 24 Posts
I don't know how it would be funded, but we could do with a co-ordinated campaign. Perhaps some life size models of the Sea Harrier (sorry if I seem like a pretentious git, but I refuse to call it anything else!!) could be built, proably from GRP, Plastics, Wood. The "Save the Sea Harrier" campaign could take them to airshows (not on MOD property though), sporting events, events like the Devon County Show and so forth and have a stand, complete with leaflets and pamphlets to give out, and (maybe) an ex Sea Harrier driver (or any other ex RN person come to that) to discuss the issues.

Making these models would be a worthwhile project for STUDENTS. Seriously, it would. Practical engineering skills would be developed, not to mention all the design involved in producing a decent, solid model that can be moved about without falling apart.

One of these model Sea Harriers could be placed upon the deck of a specially modified boat or barge, cruising up and down the Thames, right in front of the Houses of Parliament.

Last edited by WE Branch Fanatic; 17th Apr 2002 at 23:35.