PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vulcan XH 558 Threads (merged)
View Single Post
Old 31st Jan 2009, 16:45
PPRuNe Pop
Cool Mod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Let me enlighten you Tim.

We moderators have a specific job to do which, I for one have been doing for the past 10 years.

Our function is to keep any thread on track and to control each and every poster and contents to ensure it stays within the bounds and rules of PPRuNe.

I can quite see why you think we have an axe to grind but we just don't have one. We try to remain impartial when we monitor posts to ensure their content, their veracity, their intention, signs of a thread hi-jack, when a poster is mis-leading others, or advertising, or making personal attacks, using inappropriate language, off topic posts or using PPRuNe for their own ends all stay within the rules. We can edit a post or delete a post if we deem it be offensive in any way. We can ban a person or persons for any period from one to 7 days or in extreme cases - permanently. This happens infrequently but it does happen and anywhere on PPRuNe, not just here.

Generally, we don't and do not have to give explanations for our actions - or why we take any action to keep a thread viable.

We also ensure that everyone has as much of a right to an opinion as anyone else.

All of PPRuNe is here to enjoy and we are the first to ensure that you can do so.

I hope that is clear.

AH&N Mods