PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AA Flight 93 cockpit recording
View Single Post
Old 17th Apr 2002, 22:27
Tin Kicker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You're right, Carnage. What could I have been thinking?

(i) When I'm in the pub I have the same responsibility to the travelling public as I have when I'm in the cockpit. The scenarios are, of course, perfectly comparable in every sense. My mistake.

(ii) You're absolutely correct. I should have known instinctively what happened at the WTC...you and everyone else were obviously imparted with divine knowledge on the whys and wherefores. Alas, I wasn't so gifted and had to rely on being shown via TV. I'm reassured to know that you stood your moral non-voyeuristic ground by refusing to watch any of it. That goes for the JFK assissination footage, the Holocaust evidence, every CVR recording ever made public, car accident caught on camera...etc...etc...you're a stronger man than I, Gunga Din.

(iii) The public have a right to an explanation to an accident, but don't need to hear/see any evidence for themselves. I agree completely. After all, when you've professional investigators taking charge (like the Egyptian CAA or the Silk Air team) there's certainly no need to worry about their version of events.

(iv) Edited transcripts and the printed word are perfectly adequate for putting over timing, context and meaning. Nice emoticon you've got there, by the way.

As for you Max Angle...you'd "just about" go along with the relatives being let in on it? Well how decent of you old chap. I'm sure if you were every unfortunate enough to find yourself responsible for an accident, the families would be forever indebted to your act of generosity. I personally wouldn't. If your "private and confidential" actions had caused one of my loved ones to suffer, I'd want the whole world to know what you were doing and why.

Last edited by Tin Kicker; 17th Apr 2002 at 22:35.