PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vulcan XH 558 Threads (merged)
View Single Post
Old 31st Jan 2009, 16:30
Flying Signman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Winco,

I am not aware, as are most here I would guess, of an "instant" fix to this project and the situation it is in.

Yes, we all know the things that have been mentioned in the past and people's reservations over the management, but we are, were we are:

1. Costly to maintain Airworthy Vulcan
2. Worst Recession in 80 years
3. Perceived lack of enthusiasm from the Aviation community
4. Lack of awareness by the general public
5. Restriction on Sponsors and poor marketing conditions.

Now, all I ask is, rather than consistantly "slag" the project off, have a little thought for the dedicated and hard working people behind the scenes who are currently trying to save this project to the benefit of all, by trying to address those very issues.

Change is not going to happen overnight, yet change is happening.

Obviously, the easiest thing for the Trust to do would be to throw in the towel and shut-down. Add to that, the abuse and quite frankly - absurd things that are sometimes discussed here and on other fora - is it any wonder there is little dialogue?

It says something in my book, that they are however, still here and are showing willingness to communicate with the public.

As for knocking Club efforts to raise the profile and money, I can't see any better ideas coming off this forum, so perhaps my major point is this.

GIVE THE TEAM & SUPPORTERS A BREAK! - PUT UP or SHUT UP! (and that is not aimed at anyone)

I was merely trying to solicit members here to actually put themselves in "control" of the project..... then think about what you would do 1st 2nd and 3rd.

Would any of those companies you mention have got the project this far or have made a significant difference? No one knows, but it is sure damn easy to knock anything that is achieved, or perceived not to have been achieved - especially when you are outside looking in.

To me, that is what is doing most harm to this project now, not the "management" currently in place and fighting every possible angle to bring you a displaying aircraft. Someone is writing a private letter to Dr. Pleming. Well done, that is constructive and can only bring respect and I'm sure an answer.

Maybe, just maybe, if more people took that route, than the easier one of posting their gripes here, we would not be feeling so negative all the time.

I liken it to the TV and Newspapers reporting the recession all the time, worsening the situation and depressing everyone - making a bad situation far worse!

Thanks for listening......

FS.