PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vulcan XH 558 Threads (merged)
View Single Post
Old 31st Jan 2009, 13:06
Tim McLelland

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FS - fair point if an attempt was made to post the release. That's obviously something the Adminsitrator should be looking at then. I get the impression that at least one of the Moderators on here has some sort of "axe to grind" regarding the whole subject as someone mysteriously removed someone's posts on at least one other occasion and also tried to lock me out of the thread (without the knowledge of the Adminsitrator). As to what the motives are/were, we don't know.

As for the other sarcastic comments from various people, that's fine, I couldn't care less. I'm just being realistic, unlike heaven-knows how many other people on this thread and ones on other forums, who are living in cloud cuckoo land.

As for getting involved FS, well er... been there, done that. I tried my best to give TVOC what would have almost been their own book, and for no personal gain - it wouldn't have made me so much as an extra penny, but in return for my (and my publisher's efforts), all we got was complete disinterest, and endless sniping from the usual silly (jealous) plane spotters on other sites who wanted to imply that we were doing it for our own benefit - which certainly wasn't the case. I also gave-up photographs from my own personal collection which were printed into posters and sold at air shows, museums, etc. I didn't get a penny in return - not even a free poster (I had to buy my own), but as far as I know, none of the income went into the funding - it just disappeared. I also had the support and interest of a very well-known former RAF fighter pilot who offered to mount a major national campaign but again, TVOC couldn't even be bothered to discuss the idea. So in short, I've had enough of them, and I wouldn't waste any more of my time even trying to deal with them.

My negativity doesn't stem from all this though. I can write-off all that as just a shame and best forgotten. What really annoys me is that I know (from the information given to me by people who are or were on the TVOC team) that huge amounts of money have simply been wasted. As if that isn't bad enough, they avoid even trying to seek more money from HLF (which I admit is a long shot) even though it's the only possible way out of this mess. If they'd tried and failed then great, but to not even ask? That's just a complete disgrace. So what do they do? They issue occasional pleas for more dontaions and allow some well-meaning people to drive around the country, presumably in the hope of getting a few lines in a local paper and a few hundred quid. I mean, what is the point? It's just absurd.

Clearly, the project's coming to a grinding halt but on the basis of the way it's been handled, my view is that it may as well end, and then at least there's a vague chance that other people might try and resurrect the project, once the same old muppets have finally gone.