PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SAA looking for pilots?
View Single Post
Old 31st Jan 2009, 05:20
Shrike200

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I doubt anybody can tell you for sure - SAA seems a little 'random'. I've seen some excellent guys with really top class experience not even get called, and then some relatively low time guys get in, no problems (perhaps leading to the distrust in the selection process that may be apparent every so often). So I guess you should try at least.

Their application process seems like blatant 'hoop-jumping', that's for sure. There's no online application. As mentioned above, the only link to anything that might help simply doesn't work, you need to have a friend who's got a copy of the excel spreadsheet. Then, once you have that, you need to fill it in in it's entirety EVERY SINGLE TIME, which involves multiple certified copies of everything. That's if you're doing things by the book - maybe all that is unnecessary, who knows. Certainly not SAA. It's just not that professional looking, and as I said, there's certainly no guarantee that this irritating right of passage will even get you any results. Those in the know may have some better suggestions.