PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SV city?
Thread: SV city?
View Single Post
Old 31st Jan 2009, 03:42
mutt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Desert Diner, to be fair, most of the comments re. SVA were posted last year when the B747 FO's were interviewing. A lot has changed since then, especially in SV City which is now about 80% full (my guess), with a multi million $ investment by the company to bring it back to standard.

xxgunnerxx... your url refers to NASAIR, not Saudia, plus the attitudes expressed appear to come from people who know nothing about the ME.

RushtonD1, use google earth and look for SVCity Jeddah, you will find thats its a 2km x 1 km coupound, with most of it occupied by family housing. In past years under the last airline CEO, the compound was considered an expense and therefore didnt receive any additional investment, after a couple of years it really showed! Luckily that CEO is no longer with the company. Therefore the compound was opened up to external renters, plus SVA is pumping a lot of money into improving the standards.

As for internet, lots of ways. Compound dial up, or DSL (128/256k). Phone companies offering mobile 3G modems or WIMAX modems with 1meg/2meg. Skype is allowed, Playboy is not!

If you want pictures, let me know.

Mutt