PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vulcan XH 558 Threads (merged)
View Single Post
Old 31st Jan 2009, 00:26
saracenman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i know i might be seen as being uber pro-TVOC - i do not want to be thought of as one of the mere "keep the faith" bunch, as many of you know that I'm as far from that as it is possible to be!

however, i think that this "Scramble" deserves more praise than that Tim McLelland...

BUT...

only if it has been arranged to get maximum national publicity! i know that a huge amount of logistical organisation has gone into it - it' not just a few blokes swanning around in a car for the hell of it!

the locations of the preserved Vulcans stretch across the nation, which hopefully will garner some much needed publicity - without which we will surely see 558 grounded for good.

there are several more publicity 'stunts' in the pipeline, some of which I'm proud to have been involved with - these are tentatively planned for later in the year, so let's hope that we get that far!

instead of slating these guys for actually doing something constructive, perhaps we could wish them luck and hope that they achieve the newspaper column inches that 558 so desperately needs!

sm