PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cabin crew face trial after speaking up about icing on the wing
Old 30th Jan 2009, 23:51
belloldtimer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rubbish!

The entire thread is pure rubbish. Shows how out of touch the American legal system can be. I mean one hears about judicial excesses like this but one really never believes it can happen. Any reasonable captain would respond to someone (cc or pax) expressing a concern about flight safety, that is if they are professional. If they have bruised egos as undoubtably this crew had then its a sad state of affairs. If the crew isn't concerned about safety who is? Is someone can't express that concern to a flight crew witout risiking legal proceedings being brought against them as I said it a sad day for everyone in aviation. Our goal afterall is afterll a safe flight isn't it? Who begins a day by saying "I'm going out to fly and endanger everyone's lives, myself included. Because afterall the first ones to the scene of the accident are always in the pinty section of the aircraft. Sorry, its just the American letal system is the only system I have ever heard of allowing this type of thing. Amazing, just when you think you've seen it all, some bozo comes along and proves you wrong.

I mean does anyone see this differently? Its a shame someone who needs the use of the courts is made the wait behind this type of mickey mouse law, its a wonder anything gets thru the courts in America..