PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways Regional merge with CitiExpress
Old 9th Oct 2001, 00:38
R308R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Thank you ringwayman for demonstrating just how few times BA's fuel policy has required diversions for fog over the past 10 years. Of course with so hundreds of flights a day there will always be a few, otherwise you could argue that we are carrying too much too much of the time fuel.

My point is in danger of being diluted here. The bottom line is that you are more likely to get to your destination with a BA operated service than many other carriers who will find various reasons for not flying or landing at the right place. ie running out of de-icing buget or fog or no crew of poor reliability.

Now I know some of you will point the finger at some of the BA francisees or subsideries who may not be as good with reliability and achieving a high schedual achievment as BA. I do not have figures so will not comment, but I believe BA are aware of things(BAR management certainly were a short while ago) and will have to make decisions over time.

Lucky Angel. I have seen the BAR figures for Oct and November 01 and prior to 11/9 they were up on last year.
I stated in my last posting that change is needed. I have also stated that I am not prepared to say whether this is good or bad until I write my memoirs.

Is there a plan for BA pilots who fly for BAR in BACE. Nothing has been said, lots to discuss with unions etc.but probably Yes. If the A318 is the replacement then we should consider that a number of experinced A319 pilots may find oppertunities to get involved with its introduction and training you lucky BACE guys and then enjoying a beer down route with you.

Overstress & Paddington or indeed anyone else ..... wiggle your wings over R308R ............ I'll be watching .....

Safe Flying