PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Worth Doing an Instructor Rating during Credit Crunch???
Old 30th Jan 2009, 17:02
hi9h_fly3r

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is a forum and everyone is entitled to their opinion and to add my pennies worth, i think the F.I route is a good move. I have been toying with the idea for months and have decided to go for it, i have spent too much money getting to where i am to give up. I finished my training at the end of 2007 and aside from a couple of interviews that didn't happen for me (gutted) at the start of 2008, i have had nothing since. I am a tiny fish in a huge pond and no amount of determination is going to change that, except becoming a F.I and increasing my hours!
I trained at Oxford and they are churning them out like sausages, more low houred guys after more low houred guys coming onto this saturated market every month while the jobs are getting fewer and fewer. I'm being realistic to myself, i know that this is a very difficult industry and i knew that before i embarked on this road but i feel right now, while i'm competing with guys with a TR and a few thousand hours under their belt, i have absolutely no chance and i'm not going to kid myself that i do so right now becoming an F.I makes perfect sense. However with the economic climate the way it is and set to get worse, i understand that i'm going to be competing with this guys now for F.I positions as well!! Forever the optimist though