PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DHL A300's
Thread: DHL A300's
View Single Post
Old 30th Jan 2009, 16:25
Piper19

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was on the ballmat problem yesterday, first time we got a maintenance request to check those ballmats. Engineering told us that balls were sticking on a new (!) ballmat so they wanted us to investigate that. Well, they did have rust on them and they were all sticking, so something is going wrong here. I still think the biggest problem about them is communication. Loaders are reporting this for ages (we know since yesterday...), maintenance cannot lubricate them, and the people in between these two groups are just laughing at their desks. Well, at least they don't know new balls from rusty ones.
We are forbidden to lubricate them on the spot because this collects dust, so it will only work for 3-4 days, but after that it will worsen. Also, we did lubricate them once, because the containers could not get in otherwise, and we got a delay because the pilots tought there was a dangerous goods spill on the ballmats.

DIB and DID are out. Painted white and stored. Strange because DIB and DIC are two different a/c equipment wise compared to the other airbusses. But I guess they know what they're doing.