PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways Regional merge with CitiExpress
Old 8th Oct 2001, 13:40
Lucky Angel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Well here i am again with another point to you R308R...My question to you is...For how long do you thing people in BAR would have kept their jobs if the situation stayed as it was??..eg i went on 4 BAR flights within the last year, 3 on a 737 out of MAN and 1 on an A319 out of BHx...The MAN flights pax 17 and 24....how much profit or loss shall i ask does that make...and the BHX flight 40 pax......so how long do you think BAR would stay alive if the loads stayed like that??????? I met and i have friends that work for BAR and they all tell me that the loads are more low than high and they dont know how BAR was keeping on top.As for the all wx factor i ask you in your 20 years of experience as you say....how many times did you have to do a CAT III actual approach?????? and how many times did you have to divert because the wind was greater than your 30kt x-wind limit ...yesterday for eg there was uknown delay time into EGLL because of strong winds ,, one more question how many times did you hear an airbus or 737 had to divert from ABZ because of performance limitations due to snow/slush on the rwy???? i heard quite a few of those too.....so i think we all have to accept that each a/c has its own special capabilities and can get into airports where higher technology a/c can't. Looking forward to your reply and answers to my questions......oh and by the way you dont know who i am either....