PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Grrrr Words fail me..........Happy ending for Joe Townsend
Old 30th Jan 2009, 12:55
Double Zero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Doc C,

Thanks very much for your misguided input.

If you had direct experience, as I have at several locations, of 'Gypsies' - - I do not use the term in ignorance, the inhabitantsof such places which cause so much trouble in various ways find it convenient to call themselves that - then you may appreciate what I mean; maybe at some dim time in the past there was a genuine core of Romanies, but that is not the case nowadays.

I could give you plenty of personal and close friends' examples.

I have not committed slander or racism ( inhabitants of gypsy camps are unfortunately British, unless it suits them to claim something else when the tax man or officials try to call).

I have offered my support for someone crippled serving his country, and feel councillors and planning rules are a very distant second - it's a shame you prefer being fluffy PC rather than feeling like helping someone who needs it.

I mentioned mosques in reply to Winco's post, which I completely agree with; a large percentage of Muslims are obviously decent people, but such places have also been proven fermenting grounds of the type responsible for Mr.Townsend's legs...the gist of it is, ' charity begins at home', and if planners can allow mosques for whole neighborhoods, they should be able & willing to assist rather than hinder British servicemen who have paid such a price.

If anyone needs banning, it's you with your priorities.

I have mailed 'Barbie' and Hazel Blears.