PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Grrrr Words fail me..........Happy ending for Joe Townsend
Old 30th Jan 2009, 11:59
BEagle

Received 325 Likes on 115 Posts
Doc C, I agree with you on your posts #20 and #24.

Real Romany gypsies were a familiar presence in the countryside when I were a lad down Zumazett way. Also in Lincolnshire; I was driving cautiously past a roadside gypsy camp once when a youngster ran out into the narrow road. I stopped in time, his 'somewhat large' mother called "Thank you", before giving him such a wallop that I could almost feel the impact. They certainly knew how to control their children - I'll bet he didn't do it again!

Unfortunately various ne'er do wells and sundry low life are often incorrectly termed 'gypsy' these days by the ignorant.

Back on topic, in fact the decision was far from unanimous and other councillors pleaded in favour of the application. So don't criticise them unfairly.

The report indicates that the proposed bungalow would be 'visually intrusive'. GOOD! I prefer to think of that as 'visually significant' - and it would remind all those who saw it of the sacrifice made by this Royal Marine on their behalf.

All I wrote to Ms Dashwood-Hall was:

I apologise for using your personal e-mail address; for some reason your Wealden District Council contact details have been deleted from the council's website.

I refer to the matter of your refusal to grant planning permission for WD/2008/2516/F - the proposed disabled chalet bungalow intended to support the needs of disabled Royal Marine Joe Townsend.

I wish to state my full support for the Communities Secretary's demand that you should reconsider this application and request that your Development Control South Sub-committee takes immediate action to do so in response to the public outrage which has resulted from your decision.

And pr00ne, make that 4 times now I've agreed with you!