PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Grrrr Words fail me..........Happy ending for Joe Townsend
Old 30th Jan 2009, 11:45
Terry K Rumble

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was so incensed when I read this story that I decided to phone Ms Barby Dashwood-Hall on 01323 844374 (Number given to me by Alex White of the council if anyone wants to know) and ask her why she was not able to help this guy out. I gave her my name and address and politely told her that both she and her council should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves for this outrageous decision.

I pointed out to her that this chap had given everything barr his life for this country, and that IMHO her council had a duty and responsibility to help him out in his hour of need. She said little other than that she appreciated my call!

Now I'm not suggesting for a minute that people should phone her up and give her grief, clearly that won't achieve anything, but perhaps a few of you more 'better educated' type chaps on here (BEagle maybe?) might like to have a chat with her, use your charms and try to get her and the council to reconsider their decision?

To RM Townsend, my best wishes to you, I'm saddened and annoyed that you are being treated this way, it's a disgrace.

TKR