PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Filming flying lessons?
View Single Post
Old 30th Jan 2009, 11:35
VFE
Dancing with the devil, going with the flow... it's all a game to me.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On that basis, the flying club should be quite happy as the more distractions, the more lessons it will take to get the licence!
Not true.

It really is a shame that some cynical people think this way about flying clubs. Of course, the really galling aspect of this viewpoint is that nobody will ever say something like this directly to our faces.

If you are interested in the reality of the situation then I will tell you that the vast majority of flying schools and instructors want their students through as quickly as is safely possible because it broadcasts competancy and professionalism which is worth twice as much in terms of business than a few extra hours drawn out of a student through sheer greed. It all comes down to pride. No school or instructor is making vast amounts of money from you, the overheads would shock you. The extra hour here and there is nothing.

I am quite insulted that people may think like you do. Risking my arse everyday, helping you all out in my spare time, flying for pennies... and you think I do it for money? Or that my boss does it for money?

We do it because we love it. Your smile when you pass the skills test is our motivation, not money my friend.

VFE.