PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Netjets Europe Falcon 7X Progress
View Single Post
Old 30th Jan 2009, 06:05
fl610

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FL610

One's better than the other....how can you compare two such different aeroplanes? they do different things. If I want to fly further I'll use a GV but I'll need a longish runway, if I want to go a long way out of a short runway (or into one) I'll use a 7X. You're viewpoint seems a bit simplistic.....

...or when you say Gulstream are you refering to the company. In which case you may have a point.
Yes, primarily product support from Gulfstream as compared to Dassault. (or anyone else for that matter!)

Also Dassault is marketing the 7X as an alternative to the G550 and the GLEX......they are trying to play with the big boys but have a long way to go IMHO.

EG no vacum lav....maybe in the future! (unsure where waste tank will go if they do it....baggage compartment?) .....galley too small for long haul ops.......space in cockpit insufficent for longhaul ....although improvement from the 900.....crappy jumpseat......

Plusses....extremely quiet cabin (GLEX and G550 will never be that quiet) table in cockpit to eat your dinner off

Last edited by fl610; 30th Jan 2009 at 20:25.